Windhorse Running’s mission is to help people train smarter to achieve better performance and lifelong health. We design training programs that consider more than just the end goal, taking a comprehensive and holistic approach to running to set you up for success long after you cross the finish line. We believe in the power of positive coaching, the inseparable connection between mind, body, and spirit, and the necessity of a holistic and integrative approach to running and fitness.
Our coaching philosophy revolves around the following principles:
- You are capable of far more than you think.
- Running is 100% mental and success starts at a decision from within.
- Mind, body, and spirit are one and inseparable in a training program.
- A coach is a partner and trusted advisor, not an authoritarian commander.
- A coach leads setting the example.
- Goals should be realistic, measurable, and clearly defined.
- The training plan is a starting point, it requires constant adjustment based on feedback, observation, and analysis.
- Honest and frequent communication between coach and athlete is crucial.
- Injuries are not endings, rather learning opportunities for long term improvement.