Mike is a career U.S. Marine, certified running coach, and personal trainer, with experience training and coaching athletes of all ages. He has been involved in health and fitness since 1999, beginning as a personal trainer while attending college at Georgia Southern University. He soon joined the Marines and in his spare time, worked as a fitness boot camp instructor at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) while attending college at The Citadel. He has lead numerous large group exercise sessions in a rigorous physical fitness program. Mike has spearheaded several fitness-based fundraising efforts and most recently ran a 24-hour ultramarathon in memory of LtCol “Otis” Raible. Mike believes in helping athletes train smarter to become healthier individuals for life while achieving better performance. Mike lives in Kansas City and is an avid runner, cyclist, father of three, and devoted husband.
- Certified Running Coach (RRCA).
- Certified Running Coach (UESCA).
- Level 1 Track & Field Coach (USATF).
- Elite Trainer with the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA).
- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition (ISSA).
- Youth Fitness Trainer (ISSA).
- Specialist in Strength & Conditioning (ISSA).
- Certified CPR/AED/First Aid (American Red Cross).
- B.A. Political Science, The Citadel, Charleston, SC.
- M.S. Information Technology, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA.
*Mike prides himself on leading the middle pack.
- 2013: 10th overall, Torreya State Park Draggin Tail Ultra Challenge – 50k (6:32:39)
- 2015: 10th overall, Pacifica Foothills Trail Run 30k (3:08:41)
- 2015: 7th overall, Ft Ord Trail Run – 50k (5:07:12)
- 2015: 81 of 285 AG, 610 out of 4238 overall, Big Sur International Marathon (3:54:47)
- 2015: 30th out of 60, San Francisco Summer Solctice 24 Hr Endurance Run (80.6mi)
- 2016: 15th overall, Ft Ord Trail Run – 50k (5:22:46)
- 2016 : 98 of 225 AG, 778 of 3156 overall, Big Sur International Marathon (4:04:33)
- 2016: 17th overall, Alternate Chili Ten Mile Trail Run (1:32:46)
- 2017: 103rd overall, Kansas City Marathon (3:33:47)